Sunday, October 29, 2023

CARtober 29 Vellum Easel Card

This challenge was to create an easel card with a vellum window. The twist was to make it an easel card with a battery operated "candle" to make it shine. I think this is one of my favorites of all the challenges.

I adapted a Silhouette cutting file that was an easel card, then adapted it. There is a white panel that is hidden but shows when the card is fully opened. I have tried to show 4 different views that help display the construction. I also added a sentiment panel, which was supposed to hold the card open for display, but wasn't quite tall enough, so I added pearl stops/anchors to hold the card open properly for the electric "candle" to fit and shine through the vellum.

These first two photos show the card open, with the fake candle (obviously, you would never want to use a real candle).

In these next two photos, the light has been removed, and you can see a little of the easel construction. The white panel helps to support the open easel, as well as providing a place to write a Christmas greeting. However, I would write only on the bottom part of the white panel, to avoid the writing showing through to the Nativity scene.

The card does remain open somewhat, even when folded in the closed position, but it will fold flat enough to get it into an envelope. However, due to the thickness of the card, the Post Office would consider it a package, so I would give it to the recipient personally rather than mail it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers