Sunday, October 1, 2023

CARDtober #1 Vellum

Yes, it's been awhile since I posted. I have been crafting, including making cards, but taking time to post my projects has been challenging. I did a bit more vinyl designs on clothing. I made Captain America shirts, and Mandalorian shoes. I made a Loki hat for a family member, and Captain America shirts for another family member (it was her design that I used to make the ones for my husband and me). We had a family reunion in Disneyland/California Adventure, and it was a lot of fun! My husband and I took our ECVs with us on the plane for the first time. It was great, but then I got sick after coming back, although not as bad as when we went to Disney World and got hit by Hurricane Ian.

Anyway, I'll try to post pictures of the projects I've made eventually, but right now, it's the start of CARDtober 2023, and I am one of the hosts. AZ Crafty posted a vellum card base challenge for the first one, so this is the first card:


We were supposed to emboss the vellum front. My embossing folders kept tearing my vellum, so I finally went with a daintier embossing design. I used a Silhouette print and cut for the front, and although you can't really see it, I added tiny gems, and applied Wink of Stella to the ornaments and other tree decorations. I added the glitter holly at the corners. Inside the card, I added a blank cutout behind the tree on the inside front of the card, so you wouldn't see the adhesive, and another blank cutout on the inside back, with a stamped image. It went together quickly, and it looks nicer in person.

I will also be one of the CARDtober Challenge hosts, but I won't be posting my first challenge till Thursday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers