Thursday, October 26, 2023

CARDtober 27 Outside the Box

This will be my last Outside the Box Challenge. I know my challenges have not appealed to everyone, and some may have even found them difficult and discouraging. 

I've been card making for nearly 40 years. I've seen a lot of different cards that were a basic A2, A7, or other rectangle. Perhaps because I have seen a huge number of cards over the years, I came to like cards that are different in some way, whether they are shaped, are dimensional like box cards, or can slide, move, or whatever.

This last card is very different, but it's made with simple, basic tools. It does stand upright. First, I will post a link to the video where I learned to make it:

6x6 Double Tucked Corner Fold Card

Below is my version, which I made using the Graphic 45 St. Nicolas papers & stickers, and a few Silhouette print and cut designs.

Closed view:

Fully open front view:

 

And, because you need someplace to write a note or at least sign it, here is the back:


Note, the green behind the card is just to make the card show up better, since my card base is white, and a white edge on a white background can be hard to see the outside edge of the card.

This challenge is to make the fairly easy card shown above using whatever papers and ephemera you have OR if this is too overwhelming, not to your taste, or you need something really easy due to being behind on all the challenges, you have another option: to make a card that opens downward instead of from the side or from the bottom (which is how most cards open). Here is an example of a card that I made using a Silhouette design, which opens at the bottom:



 

The flip flops are Queen & Co. shakers.The stamped phrase, in case it's hard to read, says, "Flip Flops: the glass slipper of the South."

Either way, I hope one of the above options will be a challenge that you can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers