Thursday, October 12, 2023

CARDtober Challenge #13 Outside the Box Pocket Cards

It is time for another Outside the Box challenge, and this time around, I've chosen Pocket Cards. Instead of the traditional card opening, the card base is a pocket, and the recipient pulls out an insert from the pocket to read the message. 

I found the Picnic Basket Pocket Card on the Silhouette Design Store back in 2019. I was teaching card making to some friends in my home, and this is one of the cards that I helped my friends to make.  After cutting out the pieces, I embossed the lower part of the basket with a basket weave embossing folder. I also embossed the flap of the envelope, and I stamped ants on the front lower right corner of the envelope as well as on the insert to the picnic basket.. This is my favorite Pocket Card to make, and it probably will always be.

I also made two other Pocket Cards recently, specifically for this challenge. I created the pumpkin pocket card with a large pumpkin card die from Queen & Co. I turned it into a pocket by cutting folded card stock, placing the bottom edge of the pumpkin die just beyond the fold, then cutting  it out. I cut a second pumpkin to glue on top to cover the fold. I cut a third pumpkin that I trimmed down to make a skinny pumpkin that would slide inside the pocket.

The Viewmaster pocket card was another Silhouette file. It was the quickest and easiest to make of the three pocket cards.

The challenge is to make a pocket card. Give yourself 5 extra points if it is shaped, but a shaped pocket card isn't required. 

The twist is to decorate the envelope by embossing the envelope flap OR to stamp a small design on the front of the envelope.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers