Thursday, October 4, 2018

Cardtober Challenges 1 & 2

The RefuPeas site is doing challenges, which is not new, but I joined this month for the first time. One of the challenge opportunities is to make a card based on a different challenge given each day. I made one the first day but did not get it posted. I started the second challenge on the 3rd day. I hope I can catch up rather than fall farther behind. At any rate, here are the two cards I have made for Cardtober so far.

Challenge #1 is based on Yosemite, using the colors blue, gray, green, and brown. I used the Heartfelt Creations Woodsy Wonderland papers for this one:





Challenge #2 was to have something popping out, like out of a frame, shape, window, whatever. I had just come across a bin of stamps a day or two before. Among them was a cute Penny Black stamp that I had bought a few years ago but never used, and it was perfect for this challenge:




It's not as obvious from the photo, but I did literally pop her out. I did this by stamping and cutting out 3 layers, and the top layer has foam tape to pop her out of the window frame. Next time I will pop out the bird, too. That is the one thing I wish I had done differently.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers