Wednesday, October 31, 2018

CARDtober 30 and 31

I actually managed all of the October challenges. I did a card for all 31 days.  Here are the final two:

Challenge 30 was to Mix It Up. I used mixed media, which I am still not super comfortable with. I first spritzed the blue card stock with Perfect Pearls Mist, to try to create an illusion of snow falling. It was not perfect, by any means, no pun intended. I used Dreamweaver Stencils Pearlescent Embossing Paste to create the snow on the tree (Ellentine die cut, I think) and beneath the tree. Then I used Nuvo drops to add dimensional snow falling. The peace die cut was from Silhouette Design Store (Christmas Peace Words). I created a minimal background mat for it so that it would actually show up. Both the Peace word and background mat were cut from metallic papers (silver and evergreen).



 Challenge 31 was an easy one: make a fall card. I used Graphic 45 papers from their "Time to Flourish" and "Children's Hour" collections.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers