Tuesday, October 23, 2018

CARDtober Challenges 17, 18, and 19

Challenge 17 was texture with mixed media.

This one was harder for me, since I had never used a texture paste before. I learned the hard way that you need to clean the template right away. It was a bear to clean once it was dried. Think concrete. Stuck to your template. Okay, maybe not that bad, but soaking only helped a little. I still had to scrape and scrape to get the stuff off.

I mixed in red ink, but only got kind of an orangy color. It worked for brick, though, which was the template I had decided to use ahead of time.  I had some papers that worked well with a short brick wall popped in front, and I used Nuvo drops to add a little final something.  I'm still not crazy about mixed media, but part of it had to do with how much texture paste was required for so little stencil. I make a big enough mess paper crafting as it is. Mixed media just seems to make an even bigger mess, so that's another reason I am not fond of using gooey stuff (Nuvo drops excepted).

Anyway, here is the card I did:





Challenge 18 was dimension.

So I popped out the layers and added a pinwheel. You want dimension? Add a pinwheel. It really pokes out. I don't know how I will get this one into an envelope.





Challenge 19 was bling.

This card was a definite copy from something similar I saw done by a Heartfelt Creations DT member. The dies are Heartfelt Creations, and so is the background paper. I used a metallic shimmer cardstock for the layers. I used 8 rhinestones and Stickles, too. This card shines.

 I used Nuvo drops on the pearl strand die cut. I had to do every other one, let them set, then do the alternating ones. Otherwise, they kind of blend together. I waited a day to let the Nuvos and Stickles set. It was longer than necessary, but I smushed some of the pearls accidentally. There were originally going to be more pearls than I ended up with.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers