Monday, October 29, 2018

CARDtober 26 and 27

Challenge 26 was to stamp and color on kraft card stock. I used colored pencils to color a Penny Black stamp. I added a Heartfelt Creations die-cut. I separated the die-cut into 3 separate pieces. The background paper was from the 6x6 paper pad of the Graphic 45 St. Nicholas collection. I used prills from Heartfelt Creations for the center of the flower, and added a few highlights with Wink of Stella.



Challenge 27 was based on a sketch, and was supposed to be monochromatic. For my first try, I totally forgot about keeping it monochrome. I used a die set for the leaves that I found at Tuesday Morning recently. I inked the cuts a little to add color. I cut the word FALL using the ZP Champagne Kisses Bold font. The paper is from the Acorn Hollow collection by Little Yellow Bicycle, an older line.


I wasn't totally happy with the fall card, so I tried again, this time keeping closer to the sketch, although I chose to do a 6x6 card because I wanted to use this embossing folder by Apple Blossom, a recent purchase from CraftStash, which is located in the UK. The "Thinking of You" stamp came with a set that was free with the Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine, issue 183 June. It had some cute stamps in the set, but I only used the phrase for this card.  I covered the stamped "you" with the first square. I used the same font for the "Y" and "U" that I used for the fall card above.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers