Friday, September 28, 2018

Wreath Cards

Jennifer McGuire has posted videos of wreath cards made using templates by Gina K. It is a clever and fun concept. I have a huge collection of stamps, so I decided to try to make wreath cards with the stamps that I have on hand, but using the wreath card template. It has been a learning experience. These first ones have not really been finished or made into cards yet. I am not sure which ones I will actually use. These are just my first attempts that turned out halfway decent. The ones that bombed (several) got tossed into the trash. I really recommend that you choose your colors for coordination before you begin. Some of my first experiments would have worked if I had chosen my colors more carefully. Stamp the largest image first, then fit in the smaller ones, working your way down in size as you go.  The following wreath card fronts are not necessarily in the order that I made them.




I went diagonal with the next one. Not sure how it will work for an actual card. I may have to cut it out to use.



There is not much of an open center to this one. The bulk of the wreath was one floral stamp that I used in each corner, then filled in with a little green using smaller stamps.


This next card uses circle borders by ArtGoneWild. The pumpkin in the center is not part of the set. I just liked it better. It looks kind of like a wreath card, but it was done with 3 circle stamps made to go together. I could and probably should have popped out each of the smaller circles and the pumpkin, but I was tired, so I went for easy. If I used just the outside circle, I could adapt it to an actual wreath card, maybe filling it out a bit. I may try that eventually.


This last one is my favorite, and it is the most recent. The small pumpkin that I used in the center of the Halloween card above and in the wreath of the one below was by Impression Obsession.  The leaf/acorn/stick swag was a single stamp by Stampin' Up, so the wreath itself was made using only 2 stamps. The scarecrow is also a Stampin' Up stamp. These stamps, and most of the ones used in all of these card fronts were older stamps. There are a few stamps from newer sets, but very few.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers