Friday, September 14, 2018

Simple Card






After seeing several examples on Pinterest of a beautiful embossing folder, I wanted to find and buy it. Apparently it is by Apple Blossom, is sold in the U.K. through CraftStash, and the original one came in a Papercraft magazine. The original is referred to as "THAT embossing folder" and someone on the Refupeas message board very kindly sent one to me as a RAK, along with the magazine. When I saw the company had others, too, I had to buy a few, in spite of their shipping costs from there to the States. The above card was made with one of THAT embossing folder's family. I love roses. I love basketweave. I love the curved middle.

I needed a quick card, so I just added a couple of cut outs from Heartfelt Creations' Wildwood Cottage paper collection.

Just FYI, these folders are thicker than the normal ones. I had to get creative to get it to emboss with my Big Shot. I used the platform, one plate, and one or two pieces of chipboard as my sandwich. The second plate seemed too thick to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers