Thursday, October 3, 2024

2024 CARDtober #4 Loving Leftovers

It's my turn to host CARDtober, and I chose to use leftover scraps for my challenges. I can't be the only one who has scraps too large or lovely to throw away.

However, my challenges are not just about using leftover scraps. That is only a part of the challenge. I'm using scraps to create embellishment clusters, which will become the focal point of my card.

I used my scraps to create a simple cluster of 3 shapes:


The purple is just to help the image show better. The white envelope did not scan well on the scanner, which has a white lid. 

Once I had finished my embellishment cluster to use as a focal point, I designed my card around the cluster. I added small banners, stamped one banner, added hand made flowers (which I die cut, then shaped), and used some half pearls for the floral centers. The pearls are also leftovers, since I had opened the pack and used several of the pearls previously.

Here is the finished card:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers