Monday, September 7, 2020

Queen & Co. Challenge Die Cut Something New

The most recent challenge from Queen & Co. is to die cut something you have never die cut before.

My first project was a card. I have never die cut cork before, so I decided to create a cork message board on a card using their Foundation dies, and a tag die from their Love Jar kit. The middle tag was done with a stamp from their Bug Jar kit. The other two stamps that I used were dollar stamps that I bought from one of the big box craft stores years ago. I used Nuvo drops for the flower centers. Those are real, but very small applique pins holding the tags to the cork message board, although I also used adhesive on the back.


For my second project, I decided to die-cut HTV (heat transfer vinyl) and iron it onto a face mask, since masks are mandatory in my state (although I was wearing masks, even when they weren't, because I am very high risk). I've cut HTV with my electronic cutter, but I have never die cut it with dies. You do have to peel the plastic off first before die cutting it with dies, then make sure you die cut the correct side of the vinyl, carefully position the adhesive plastic back over, then place it and iron it on. It's a lot easier using an electronic cutter, but dies will work.

I used the Queen and Co. Hello die, from their Hello Sentiment Stacker set, and flower and leaf dies from Foundation sets.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers