Thursday, September 3, 2020

Beach Bag Box Card

I am back to making box cards again. I love them. They take time to make, but those who receive them usually really like them.

I bought this design from the Silhouette Design Store. The designer is Lori Whitlock. I have downloaded a lot of her designs, but I have not actually made that many of them.

The design had a problem. It will not fold flat. I have been making box cards for years. I know how to make them so they fold flat. This was definitely a design flaw. I emailed her but never heard back from her. I posted about it on the RefuPeas board, and learned that others have had similar issues with her 3D files.

The sad thing is that a lot of people might buy and make this design, and think they did it wrong. They might be too discouraged to make box cards again.

I ended up tweaking the design until I got a box card that would fold flat, but I should not have had to do that.

It's cute, but I can't mail this particular one to anybody, which is more than a little disappointing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers