Sunday, June 20, 2010

Masculine Pioneer Trek layout using Cricut cartridges

Being a fairly new Cricut owner (less than a month at this point), the number of cartridges I have is somewhat limited. I still have a teenage boy at home, but I also have grandkids. They're usually more fun to do scrapbook pages of than my teen, so naturally my first cartridges that I bought were with grandkiddie layouts in mind.

However, I do also occasionally scrapbook my other children. Since I have mostly boys, I realized that masculine Cricut cartridges seemed in rather short supply, especially among the few that I had. However, I had bought the Pooh and Friends and Paper Doll Dress Up cartridges, and they actually had some promising possibilities for this pioneer layout. A friend also had given me the Pooh font, which has a wooden board font option.

Winnie-the-Pooh and Paper Dolls may not seem like the first cartridges you'd grab for a masculine layout, but they did quite well in this case.

The real journaling has not been added yet, so I typed a note or two on the scanned images. The third page of the layout has a wagon wheel tag peeking above from behind the wood frame. That is a pull-out tag. The wagon wheel was cut with an Accu-Cut die. The shading of the die-cuts was done with chalks.

This layout is a fairly simple one, but simplicity fit the theme.

While most of my layouts are two page spreads, if I have a lot of really good photos that I want to include, I will occasionally make a four page layout as I did here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers