Saturday, June 12, 2010

File Folder Purse Stationary Set



We needed an inexpensive gift for a pair of twin teen girls. I had picked up some matching file folders, notebooks, note cards, and self-stick notes (circular) at Michaels awhile back, but hadn't done anything with them, so I decided they would make a nice little gift if I could dress it up a bit. The file folder was used for the purse. I used a Tim Holtz "On the Edge" Alterations die to cut the purse top. The rest was just cutting, scoring, and gluing. Although I'd seen altered file folders, and stationary sets, I couldn't find any project on the internet that was quite what I wanted, so I had to make it up as I went along. I'm happy with how the project turned out, though. The notebook can be removed, the notecards are in a pocket under the self-stick notes, and it closes with velcro. I used a Stampin' Up slot punch to make the holes for the ribbon handle. I wanted to dress up the inside and outside a bit more, but I ran out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers