Friday, June 25, 2010

GASC, plus the layout info

I promised to post the materials I used for the GASC layout shown in in my post from earlier today:

The patterned papers that I used were the Adorn-It line by Carolee's Creations, Bazzill Basics cardstock (Heidi color), Accu-Cut die (large label shaped black cardstock), Sizzix die (flourish), Cuttlebug die and embossing folder (butterfly-I used a different folder than the ones that come with the butterfly, though, a brocade pattern also by Cuttlebug), Bazzill Basics white paper flowers, Kaiser Scrapbooking lavender pearls, and a white scroll patterned sheer ribbon.

GASC had a lot more stamp vendors than I remember there being in past years. I'm addicted to stamps as much as to scrap supplies/tools, so I was delighted. Heartfelt Creations, a stamp vendor, had designed stamps that coordinate with Nestabilities--a very smart idea that proved to be a hot seller. Since I have quite a few Nestabilities, I came away from there with 5 sets of the coordinating stamps. They also had some amazing punches at the same booth. The punch would do borders, circles, ovals, squares, and rectangles--just one punch. You didn't have to cut the paper to any particular size, either. It was a very well engineered design. However, I'm not using my punches very often, and I was running out of money by then, so I didn't buy any of them, although they had lovely designs. And they were also selling quite well, I think.

Another of my favorite vendors was Art Gone Wild. They had very cute stamps that were well suited to some really fun cards. I will have to do some cardmaking soon, because I spent quite a bit at their booth, too.

I got a few fun templates, at another booth, and I got some of Darcie's clip art CD's and one of Darcie's stamp sets.

And I found a Bow Easy. It's a handy little tool that helps you to make bows for cards and layouts. I haven't found anyone locally that carries it, but I now own one.

I actually passed by the Stampers Anonymous booth--where they have all things Tim Holtz. I just have so much TH stuff, though, that I didn't linger there, even though they do have some wonderful things.

It's always a little sad when you see that some vendors have hardly anyone stop by their booth. I know they paid a lot of money to have the booth, and I wonder if they will make enough to even cover their costs. Then there were others that did a brisk business the entire time.

As for our Make & Take--the crown journal spot, we got a late start because one of the stamps just did not want to work with the chalk ink. That was really weird because I used the chalk ink to stamp the original one used on the layout itself. After several unsuccessful attempts to make the sample, I finally just had to run home and get one of my CTMH inkpads. Unfortunately, it's a color that I don't have a re-inker for, so if it runs out before the end of the day tomorrow, we'll have to substitute a darker color. I'll be spending the morning staffing the table tomorrow. I refuse to do any more shopping.

GASC is a lot of fun, but it's also very tiring. I'm sure husbands will never believe this, but it's hard work to spend money, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers