Saturday, September 26, 2009

Halloween Treat Bag #2


When looking for something else, I came across a couple of older punches that I'd forgotten I had: a bare tree and a ghost. I also had a bunch of new Halloween punches that I'd bought at Michael's recently but hadn't yet used. I decided to make another treat bag. It's a simple project, but it gave me a chance to make at least a little something before I obey my conscience and get back to the things I really should be doing.

The ghost punch is by McGill. I don't know who made the tree punch, since there's no name on it that I could see. The small bats are from an EK Success border punch, and the tombstone & fence are Martha Stewart punches. I used the Stampin' Up Word Window punch to make the opening for the "fun size" (manufacturer's code word meaning extremely small) Twix candy bar.

The design for the treat bag is adapted from this tutorial:

Stampin' Academy treat bag

Although definitely "inspired" by this tutorial, mine isn't quite the same. For one thing, I have only guys in my house these days, so I eliminated the ribbon handle. Secondly, I have an extra fold. You can kind of see from the middle and right images how I did mine. Also, instead of using Velcro to close it, I have a half-circle cut with my Coluzzle to make a slot for the top flap to insert into. The half-circle slot is hidden by the tombstone.

One cool thing about the tombstone is that the RIP is embossed when you punch it. You can probably get a better view if you click on the photo to enlarge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers