Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wedding card


The daughter of a very dear friend got married today. I spent quite a bit of time making the card for her. First I applied alcohol inks onto glossy cardstock using blue, silver, and pearl. Then I used one of the new QuicKutz folders and my Cuttlebug to emboss the lattice design. I got out my stamps by Close to My Heart and my silver embossing powder for the cake and "Now and Forever." The scalloped circle was cut with one of the Spellbinder Nestabilities dies.

I glued tiny rhinestones to each crossing of the latticework that wasn't covered up by the stamped images or ribbon. The photo doesn't do it justice, because the rhinestones kind of look like little black dots or punched holes. Also, you can't really see how pretty it shines, but I was pleased with the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers