Monday, September 7, 2009

Creepy Cottage--A Halloween Birdhouse


Sometimes I look through the gallery at SplitcoastStampers. When I find projects that I like, often they'll say that more information can be found at their blog. When I found an adorable birdhouse with a blog link, it led me to Barbara's World of Whimcees, where there was a tutorial, complete with a link to the Birdhouse template. You will need to scroll down a little for the tutorial, but it can be found HERE.

Although there is a link in the tutorial, I didn't really need a tutorial, just the template, which is by Nicole Heady and is found at her blog.

Birdhouse Template

It was very generous of Nicole Heady to share her adorable birdhouse design. Please respect her copyright and remember that it is for personal use only.

I punched a hole in black cardstock and then used a Spellbinder Nestabilities die to cut a scallop around the hole. I used the Martha Stewart spiderweb border punch for the edge of the roof (which I cut longer than suggested on the template). I used another Martha Stewart punch for the broken fence that runs around the birdhouse. I embossed the roof with the Cuttlebug spiderweb embossing folder. I stamped the birdhouse before assembling it. I used dollar stamps, probably all Studio G, that I found at JoAnn Fabrics a couple of weeks or more ago. I looked today, but the ones I used were no longer to be found there.

The birdhouse would hold a ton of Hershey kisses, or gummy worms, or some other sweet. Just be prepared to pour in a whole bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers