Thursday, October 1, 2009

Autumn Blessings Side Step Card


It's probably pretty obvious, but one of my favorite sources for cool stamp projects is SplitcoastStampers (SCS). Sometimes a contributor will put the link to their blog where they have additional information or instructions. I had seen Step Cards several times, but when I came across this Side Step Card posted at SCS, I wanted to try it. I ended up using slightly different measurements, because I wanted my steps more even than the original version, but here is the link to a tutorial for the original Side Step Card:

Side Step Card Template and Instructions by Julie Davison

For what it's worth, I don't know any of the people whose blogs/sites I give links to.

As I said, I adapted the card and used slightly different measurements. If you want your steps a bit more even, use the following measurements. With your cardstock in the portrait position, put it in your paper trimmer--NOT the guillotine kind--and line up the left edge with the 2 inch mark. It should also be pushed up against the top edge. You will NOT cut all the way through the paper, but only from the 3 inch mark down to the 7 & 1/2 inch mark (your cardstock should be 8 & 1/2 inches tall).

Now for the fold lines: On the left side, you score from the left side over to the "middle" cut, at the 4 & 1/4 inch mark from the top & bottom edges. On the right side, you score from the "middle" cut to the right edge--measuring UP from the BOTTOM edge, at the 1", 1 & 3/4", 3 & 1/2", 4", and 5 & 1/2".

They're kind of weird measurements, but it did result in fairly even steps. Sorry I don't have a video to show you. I don't know how clear my written directions are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers