Friday, June 12, 2009

Surprise Pop Up card


The directions on how to make this card can be found at SplitcoastStampers:

Surprise Pop-Up Card Tutorial

I didn't follow the directions exactly. I just kind of winged it as to measurements, and a couple other little things, but it's the same basic card.

The card sentiment is from the CTMH "Follow Your Dreams" acrylic set. The single pansy is from Rubber Stampede, and the pansy cluster stamp is by Comotion. The latter stamps are both rubber stamps instead of acrylic.

I used the Nestabilities Labels One dies to cut the background and mat for the single stamped pansy. It definitely works best to cut and emboss it first, then stamp it. I tried it the other way first and ruined it.

I have no idea who made the patterned paper. It's an older scrap I had.

It's probably more than obvious, but you pull the tag upward to see the sentiment. Another name for this style of card is "Garage Door Pop-Up Card." It does sort of make one think of a garage door. I have absolutely no idea who came up with the original template for this card, but my hat's off to whoever it was. It's a very creative idea for a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers