Thursday, June 11, 2009

Another simple card



I just received my CTMH (Close to my Heart) order from my rep, and decided to make this little card with the CTMH "It's a Zoo" set. The die cuts were made with the Spellbinder Nestabilities Label dies, and I used Cuttlebug embossing folders. The top image is the card front, and the one below it is the message inside the card.

The words on the stamp were very close together, but I wanted a different color for the "Zoo" word. I inked it, then used a baby wipe to clean off ink from the word I didn't want to stamp in that color. Then I stamped it. I cleaned it completely with the baby wipe again, inked it with the second color, used the baby wipe to clean off the other words, and stamped Zoo. I did the same thing to stamp the word "Wild" since it actually was the phrase "Wild & crazy" and would have taken up too much space on the card front. Using just "Wild" let me punch it out with a rectangular window punch. It's one of those easy squeeze punches, but I don't remember who makes them.

Using acrylics makes it really easy to see where you're stamping, so it lines up the way it should. Otherwise I would have had a hard time getting "Zoo" placed just right in the stamped phrase. I really love the CTMH acrylics.

I found my rep through the CTMH website long ago. She said I was the only referral through the site that she ever got over several years time period. We became friends, although it was a bit of a distance to drive. I suspect there are reps closer driving time, but they didn't pay the fee to be listed in the site CTMH dealer finder. My rep eventually moved to another state, but I still order through her instead of finding someone closer. She's my friend now. Why would I order from anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers