Saturday, May 23, 2009

GASC 2008 Make & Take


GASC stands for Great American Scrapbook Convention. The LSS had a Make & Take table, which I staffed for two full days, with only occasional spelling off. I did have some help, or I would have gone crazy. Staffing it alone was especially challenging, since the table was in the hallway near the classes. When the classes got out, large numbers of scrappers stopped by the table. Trying to help a big group all by myself was a bit much. Fortunately, I wasn't alone at the table most of the time.

I designed the project, and was very happy with it. To punch a hole in a tag pocket, then stamp right through it so you could be sure of seeing your phrase on the tag inside the pocket, is not a commonly used technique. At least most of the ladies who did the project had never tried it before. The back of the tag could be used for hidden journaling. The clam shell is a Sizzix die, the whelk shell is a QuicKutz die, and the pocket is by Accu-cut. The tag itself is just a rectangle with two of the corners rounded.

"Beach" and flip-flop stamps are by Snag-Em. The small words are from an Inque Boutique stamp set. And yes, the stamping job isn't the best. Once again, my originals disappeared sometime during the two days, and were replaced by ones stamped by someone else. I really do stamp more carefully than this!

I'll also be doing the Make & Take again for the LSS at GASC Chantilly 2009. I've already designed the project. It's very different from the 2008 project, and it teaches different techniques. I'll post a picture of it after the convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers