Saturday, May 23, 2009

Beach Make & Take



This was a Make & Take for July or August of 2008. The file folder is a Sizzix die, but with the paper folded before cutting, and the fold just inside the cutting line. Then I trimmed off the front tab part. I embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder, of course (yes, I do love my Cuttlebug and folders!) and the seashell is a Sizzix die. The lighthouse and saying are My Sentiments Exactly stamps.

One note about the project shown here. My sample was stamped perfectly, and the chalking was done much better. Apparently a customer liked my sample better than her completed project and she did an unauthorized swap! Yes, I have had samples totally disappear on a rare occasion, too, with nothing left in their place. I don't know if the customer just didn't want to take the time to make the project, or if they totally botched their own project, but it's frustrating when I go back and my sample is completely gone. I finally started taking photos of my projects because I don't always remember what I've done (chalk it up to senility).

If I were to use this on an album page, I would definitely re-do it, but it's been awhile since I've been to the beach, so there's no hurry to make a new one in the meantime.

Lazy? Maybe. I just don't have a lot of scrapbooking time these days, so I'm not about to waste it on remaking a project I don't need right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers