Thursday, October 20, 2022

CARDtober Challenge #21 Magical Folk

All of the challenges that I am posting have a "magical" aspect to them. The first week (Oct 7) was Movie Magic. Oct. 14 was Holiday Magic. Today, your challenge is to make a card with a member of the Magical Folk community on it, such as a gnome, fairy, elf, witch, wizard, dwarf, leprechaun, etc.

The twist is to either add something you wouldn't expect to put on a card, OR adapt his/her costume in some way. I used vinyl to make the book, because the lines were too thin for card stock. I also used vinyl for the Wizarding 101. I adapted my gnome's costume. The company that makes this gnome is Jaded Blossom. I have the basic gnome and the cowboy add ons. That is it. I wanted to make a wizard gnome, so I added a little black cauldron from Queen & Co., as well as giving him a book. His wand is the stick from the stick horse of the cowboy set. I added a moon and stars to his hat and used the cowboy boots for his shoes. I cut the book  and words with my Cameo.

I used the Tim Holtz brick embossing folder on the background for texture.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers