Friday, October 8, 2021

CARDtober Challenge #8 Shaped Shakers with Stamped Envelope

It's my turn to be hostess again, and I'm doing another "'outside the box" challenge with an interactive element. Shaker cards were originally rectangles or squares made with foam tape. Now shaped shaker dies and accessories are available, but even if you don't have those, you can make a shaped shaker card using nesting dies or an electronic cutter. Below are 4 different cards I made as samples.

The top left shaker was made with the Queen & Co. Pumpkin Shaped Shaker kit. They even provide the right size of envelope. However, I noticed recently that most of their shaped shakerkits and replacement parts are out of stock, including for the pumpkin. This is when you can use fun foam in a pinch. I'll post a video later today or tomorrow on how to do that. Fun foam can easily stretch out of shape, so there is a simple trick to fix that.

The upper right shaped card was made with nesting dies, including the flower base.

The lower right bat card was made with my Cameo 3, which I adapted, but used the same circle dies for creating the shaker tummy.

The twist is to stamp or print a coordinating and appropriately colored design, image, or phrase on your envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers