Tuesday, October 12, 2021

2021 CARDtober #10 Same but Different - Friends

It turns out that Challenge #3 was supposed to be a birthday theme. I went with friends. I may try that one again, but I went with the actual theme this time, even if it is a repeat of the type of card. 

This time, I chose BoBunny papers from their Genevieve line. I found them at Tuesday Morning a long time ago, but they are so pretty. It complicated the challenge, because I chose not to use the sketch that was posted. Using the sketch was optional. I probably made it harder for myself doing my own design, but I'm happy with the results, even though these cards took me longer than the sketch probably would have. On the other hand, I struggle with sketches, so maybe it would have taken just as long. The last few days have had their own challenges (family needs).

One of the sheets of paper had a consistent design all over on each of the two sides (different pattern). The second had a consistent design on one side, but had cut apart cards on the other side. I used two sheets of the latter, and one sheet of the first. I used my Queen & Co. Foundation dies, which was a big help, but I also used a Spellbinder flourish die that I've had, loved, and often used over the years. The card with the bird cage did not get a sentiment, because I felt it would detract. It will get a sentiment on the inside of the card when I am ready to mail it to a friend or family member. The others will be used as note cards, probably, with no sentiment inside.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers