Wednesday, September 1, 2021

STAMPtember Inspiration Week 1 Card 1 Birthday Dragon

I kept hearing about "STAMPtember" but didn't know what it was. The name sounded like fun, perhaps challenges, but it's apparently about Simon Says Stamp (SSS) having exclusive stamp sets during September. They came up with the name STAMPtember. With DH on disability, and me his caregiver, I need to be using what I have, not buying more stamps.

I asked if anyone on TwoPeasRefugees would be interested in a no cost version of STAMPtember inspiration, just simple prompts to make something with stamps we already own and sharing them to inspire one another on the stamping board.

The prompt for the first week (Sept.1st through the 7th) is to use a stamp or stamp set that is at least 6 months old, that you have never used.

I bought this Unity stamp set sometime in 2020, or Jan. 2021 at the latest, and it has been waiting to be used ever since. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but it reminds me of dragon drawings my oldest son used to do when he was younger. He's hitting a milestone birthday and is old enough that this seemed like a fun birthday card to do for him. I had some issues with the coloring (ink pad and sponge dauber), so I used Nuvo drops to hide the mistakes and give it a little dimension. I used Wink of Stella on his wings, although you can't really see it, and I'm much happier with the end result.

The birthday print paper is Doodlebug Hip Hip Hooray paper from awhile ago. The yellow with white polka dot paper is from Queen & Co.'s Beach Bound paper pad, and I used their Foundation dies for the various card layers. The teal and green card stock are both Bazzill. The Cuddlebug Dragon and candles sentiment are from Unity Stamps. I fussy cut the dragon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers