Thursday, August 26, 2021

Queen & Co. Mummy Peek A Boo

I finished this one a few days ago. I like this collar fold (a.k.a. peek-a-boo) style of card with the flaps folded back to show the B side of the paper, and also having another paper showing through. Normally it is a vertical card, with the flaps folded back from the right side of the card. See the post from my 2019 CARDtober Challenge here to see what I mean:

https://scrapnnana.blogspot.com/2019/10/cardtober-challenge-8-dimension-1.html 

I decided to rotate it to the left, and make it a horizontal card. I'd put this mummy face together without any real idea of what I was going to do with it until I was looking through some past cards I'd done. Having the idea for the mummy peeking out from the opening was the start. It needed something more, so I added the die-cut and stamped tombstone, stamped bat, and banner. The mummy hands are actually tiny pumpkin die cuts, just repurposed.

The bat/spider paper is from Authentique's Twilight Collection. The tombstone paper is the Say Cheese Halloween Spooktacular paper. Both are from 2019.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers