Wednesday, August 4, 2021

August 2021 Sheetload of Cards Challenge

Someone on the RefuPeas Stamping and Card making board has been posting the Sheetload of Cards challenge, which is a YouTuber called Crafty Al. The link to this month's video is:

August 2021 Sheetload of Cards

I have never done the Sheetload challenge before, mainly because I really don't need or use sketches. I prefer to design my own cards, layouts, and crafts, and for some reason it can take me longer to use a sketch than if I do my own design work.

However, I decided to give this month's a try. It did not go well at first. I pulled different papers and card stock, which looked good together until I cut them and assembled them (minus the adhesive). I ruined several sheets of paper and card stock. I'm hoping I can use those scraps later somehow.

I thought about it in my spare time, and I played around with more papers, only I didn't cut them. I finally realized that I needed to use papers with a smaller pattern, and since it was a fairly simple sketch, I decided to go with a rustic, camping theme. I also used the lantern from "The Great Outdoors" shaker kits, a fairly new release from Queen & Co. I used up all of my points to get it, so it only cost me about $5 plus shipping. We're still on a tight budget.

I'm happy with the results. Here is my take on the August 2021 Sheetload of Cards Challenge:

I won't be doing the full number of cards, though, since I probably wouldn't use more than one or two.

Update:  It just seemed to need something more. I added light orange rhinestones to simulate the light of a lantern, and cut out the matches twice from the paper to get a little bit of a 3D effect. Although they were small additions, they seemed to make a big difference to me. 

Note: The brown behind the updated version of the card below wasn't part of the card.

I can't delete the image with the brown edge, because I've posted it online and removing it might cause some issues that I don't have time to deal with at the moment, so here is what the card actually looks like (no brown border):





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers