Thursday, September 30, 2021

CARDtober 2021 Challenge #1 Shaped Box Card

I have the honor of posting the first CARDtober challenge at the 2 Peas Refugees message board.

Challenge #1 is to make a box card if you have never made one. I've even done a simple tutorial, which will be posted tomorrow. 

For those who have made box cards before, the challenge is a bit more....challenging: to make a box card that is shaped, and doesn't look boxy. And yes, I'll be posting a tutorial tomorrow on how to do that, too.

For now, though, here is my sample card:


And the twist is to make an envelope from patterned paper for your box card. This one wouldn't fit an ordinary envelope, anyway. I used thin patterned paper that I found at Tuesday Morning on clearance when they were getting rid of most crafts. I used my Envelope Board to make a 6 X 7 inch envelope, so it was quick. And it's a rectangle, even if just barely, so hopefully it won't be as expensive to mail as a square envelope is.


For those who have never made a box card before, the tutorial will be for a very simple box structure that can be decorated with patterned paper like this one which I made years ago for my DH:

Or, if they want to use print and cut files, they could do something like this one:



#CARDtober2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers