Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Valentine Hugs Card

I wanted to make a Valentine card for a friend, and most Valentine cards are for sweethearts. This cutting file from the Silhouette Design Store seemed perfect for a platonic Valentine. I adapted the cutting file slightly by adding a mat, as well as the bottom heart border (the latter is also from the Silhouette Design Store). I had to pop it out with foam tape in order to use my thicker twine.

The hedgehogs are from a Penny Black stamp set called Every Which Way. I bought the stamp set awhile ago but used it for the first time on this card.



I made this card more than a week ago, but I held off posting it, since I am the stamping/card making challenge hostess on RefuPeas this week. The challenge is to make a Valentine card for a friend instead of a lover, with one or more hearts, but with a non-mushy sentiment. It does not need to say, "Happy Valentine's Day" unless you want it to.

If you are part of a challenge group, add a bonus point if you use a stamp set you have never used before, or one that you have not used for more than a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers