Friday, February 7, 2020

Tuesday Morning

In Virginia, I lived minutes from the LSS. I worked there for years. I started by teaching and overseeing their classes. Later I did their monthly Make & Takes. I did their Make & Takes for Convention, too (typically made 300 kits). The owners were neighbors, and they were friends.

My friends and I met there to scrapbook once every two weeks during the day.  I shopped there (a LOT), made friends there, and it was a special place. I had a nice stash, but typically I took my photos with me, picked out papers, and sat down and scrapped them. Then they announced that they would be closing. I bought heavily from their sales each week. I helped them pack up what was left at the end.

I had shopped at Tuesday Morning here and there, but I rarely found much in the way of scrapbook supplies that I wanted. After the LSS closed, I shopped there more often, and I found more things.

Then we moved to a little town in Texas that is near DFW, but it takes 17 minutes to get to church, grocery shopping, my second son's home, and restaurants. Costco and Sam's Club are farther. And so is Tuesday Morning.

I had to learn when the trucks come, and when the new stuff is put out in order to find anything good, but I often find something. Sometimes I find a lot. Sometimes I leave empty handed. My stash, however, has grown significantly, and a lot of it came from Tuesday Morning after the LSS closed.

I'm not one to post "haul" photos or videos, but today, I thought I would leave with one die set. I took my time, though, browsed through the items on hangers and shelves, and found a bit more. Then I turned to leave and realized they had more goodies on the other side of the aisle. I spent more than I should have, but this is what I found, even though I was not there when they first opened (which would have been prime time to get the newest stuff):


I found gold metallic HTV (heat transfer vinyl),
Tim Holtz stamp set that I hadn't seen before
Stamp cleaning chamois
Adhesive tape and Red Line tape
Milk Carton boxes
Shaker fillers
10 6x6 paper pads, 4 of which are good for Disney projects
Two 12x12 packs of cardstock in colors I can use
Two 8.5x11 packs of cardstock in colors I don't have
A stamp set that goes with two die sets I also found there
Embossing powder set in clear, white, and black

I usually prefer patterned papers, and I really love the 25 sheet packs, which seem to be rare these days. Sometimes I buy the paper pads or a paper collection, but not today.

No, I don't resell. I do, however, use a lot of what I buy for my card group. I don't charge for the card projects or anything, but because the prices are so affordable, I don't feel that I need to. I thought doing the card night would put a dent in my stash. Nope. And my frequent visits to Tuesday Morning are a big reason why my stash keeps growing instead of shrinking, despite our card nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers