Thursday, July 25, 2013

Life Is Good Layout


This layout was created for a challenge on Two Peas in a Bucket, for their 2013 CHA Summer Event, Six Layer challenge.  The collection that I used was Kate & Co. by My Mind's Eye. The tabs were punched out of papers from the collection.  I also added some embellishments using a Close to My Heart stamp set called "It's Your Day" Constant Campaign.  The "Happy Day" arrow, "Life is Good," and "OK Smile" were all stamped, along with the green Washi style tapes at the top of the page, and all were from that stamp set.

This was definitely a bit out of my comfort zone, and I was trying for a more trendy, up-to-date look.  Normally I don't care if my layouts are trendy, but since it was for a challenge, I figured I should make some effort.  It is a single page, single photo layout, which I almost never do, and which also seems to be the norm at Two Peas. It is the first layout that I have hand journaled in literally years.  I hate my handwriting.  But if I was going to use the journal spot that was part of the collection, I had to hand write my journaling.  I have plenty of samples of my handwriting preserved for posterity in my older albums, and I prefer to computer journal now.

2 comments:

  1. This turned out great! I struggle a bit with creating more up-to-date layouts, too. Most layouts I look at on 2 Peas and other sites have one photo - and I personally don't care for that look. But your layout really works with one photo - good job! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job! Are those Virginia Bluebells you are standing in? Great photo! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers