Saturday, July 20, 2013

Last of the Baby Album



These are the pages for her first birthday, the last pages of the baby album.  The papers are older, from my stash, and were bought at least two or three years ago, probably longer ago than that.  The manufacturer was Sassafras.  The pinwheels were handcut by me, then inked & stamped.  Most of the stamps are by Close to My Heart, although I also used a Cosmo Cricket stamp set for the banner.  The little sun stamp is a Studio G.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the inside circle of the larger sun (CTMH stamp). The stamped phrase "You are my sunshine" was a MME stamp.

The scalloped circle (around the circle photo) was handcut with decorative scissors.  If you look closely, you can see small imperfections in the scalloped circle, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  It's the way I used to scrap in the early years, before I had any electronic cutters or fancy dies.  I did the layout while at the LSS with a friend, and I really wanted to finish it before coming home.  I just didn't have anything available there that was the right size to make the scalloped circle mat for the photo, so I used a pair of decorative scissors they had.  I used to be called the "Duchess of Decorative Scissors" because I could use the fancy scissors well and had a very steady hand.  It's nice to know that I haven't lost my touch completely.

1 comment:

  1. I looked back at the other baby album posts - so sweet! I really like this one with the embossed sun and the banner you put across the bottom of the pages.

    ReplyDelete

Followers