Monday, July 20, 2009

Front & Back stamps











I used to buy a lot of stamps at a stamp store that eventually went out of business. Among my most favorite stamps were some by a company named Art Impressions. They have special stamps that I've never seen elsewhere: front and back stamps that go together. I'd have bought a lot more if I'd been able to afford it. As it is, I probably spent more than I should have, but the above images were made from 4 of their front and back stamps. The windows are sold as two separate stamps, but the little girl is a set of two. I looked on the internet and found that Art Impressions is still in business, and they still sell these stamps along with a lot of fun others. You can find them in the "Oldies" section of the Art Impressions online catalogue. I may have to buy some more, especially since they sell them unmounted, too.

This is the front and inside front of a card that I'm planning to send to a friend. The rest of the card is plain, but I used clear plastic for the window itself, so you can see through it from the front of the card, and also from the inside of the card looking out. I haven't decided how I'm going to do the inside of the card where the message should go. I want the recipient to be able to see something through the window besides a saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers