Sunday, July 5, 2009

Daisy Edgeabilities card makeover




The card on top was the original version. I wanted to make a card for a friend who was long overdue for a letter. It was a rush job, obviously. I wasn't happy with it, so I didn't get around to writing in it or sending it. I finally decided to do a makeover on it, which is the image underneath. I used Versamark watermark ink to create a simple background pattern on the plain cardstock with a tiny Stampin' Up stamp that was discontinued years ago. I'm not sure how well the embossing shows up in the photo, but I used the Spellbinders Daisy Edgeabilities die to create the flower clusters on this card. I used Spellbingers Labels Nestabilities dies (not sure which, maybe #4) to create mats for the big flower cluster and the saying. The saying is from the CTMH Follow Your Dreams set. The front says "We can do no great things..." and inside it says, "Only small things with great love." (Mother Theresa) I moved the single small flower from the front of the card to the inside. I could probably dress it up more, but at least it's not quite so plain as it was originally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers