Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Heartfelt Creations Cards the Actual Quick & Easy Way

I love Heartfelt Creations stamps, dies, and papers. I especially love their stamps for flower making, but adding them to a card can mean adding a lot of postage due to their bulk. This weekend, I focused on using papers and cut out designs from a couple of their paper pads to make quicker and easier cards. Using cut outs allows you to die cut already colored designs, which is a great time saver. I have agonized over cutting up their beautiful papers, but if I never use them, it's just money wasted.

This first card was made using one of the 12x12 sheets that is divided into 6x6 sections, with one of the sections being an ivy covered wall. It is from the Wildwood Cottage collection, which was discontinued at least a year ago. I wish I could buy that brick and ivy paper in bulk. I used the Cottage Window from one of the cut apart sheets of the Cottage Garden Collection, which is still available. The floral spray is from one of the cut apart sheets of the Climbing Clematis Collection, also currently available. I popped the window and floral spray with foam tape, and although it doesn't show in the photo, used Wink of Stella to add a bit of shimmer.

In this second card, I used only the Climbing Clematis cut aparts, a phrase stamp from My Favorite Things, and die cut it with a Queen & Company Foundation die. I used foam tape and Wink of Stella on this card, too.

I have never thought of Heartfelt Creations cards as being quick & easy, but it is possible using their cut apart sheets. It's hard to cut into them, but for someone who doesn't have the time or inclination (like me) to color a stamped image, it's a fast option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers