Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Die Cuts Salvaged from Scraps

I often throw away the smaller scraps left over from projects. I keep the larger ones, but today as I was cleaning my craft room, I had a lot of leftover papers to sort from projects. I hadn't realized just how big the pile had gotten. Once I sorted out the bigger pieces, I looked at the various bits left, and thought, not for the first time, that I could easily get some die cut banners and other shapes from them. I hate to waste pretty papers, especially since I no longer live near a scrapbook store. Even if I did, inflation is driving prices up everywhere, and I was raised by a mom who didn't like anything to go to waste. I didn't take a photo before I began, but this is the pile of die cuts that I now have after die cutting the smaller scraps into something more practical, that I can hopefully use on a card or other project. In the future, I should die cut the leftover bits promptly, so that I don't end up with an overwhelming mountain of paper scraps again. These took a few evenings to cut.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers