Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Valentine Card with My Favorite Things Stamps

I bought some new stamps to usher in the New Year, and from a company that I had not ordered from before. I used two sets (BB Saddle Up & Celebrate, and Kissing Booth) to make this cute little Valentine card, which could be used for a gag or sweet Valentine, depending on what you write inside.




I didn't like the plain background, so I made a second version with an embossed background.

I plan to use this version with my card group in February:





The embossed background is a definite improvement. I realize that the colored pencils aren't as nice, but they are easier and less expensive to share. I don't charge anything for the monthly card night, and I provide all supplies. I don't want to have to replace my Copics on a regular basis, though, so I put out colored pencils for everyone to use, not my Copics.

I used a sponge dauber and ink to shade the kissing booth and the little cowboy's chaps & hat on both versions. That kind of coloring is awkward at best, for me, anyway, although it turned out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers