Thursday, January 9, 2020

2020 January Cards

Here we are in January of a brand new year!

We don't get much snow in Texas, or at least we haven't in the 3 years that I've lived here. Back in Virginia sometimes we got a dusting, sometimes a few inches, and once every 3 to 7 years, we got over 2 feet of snow in one storm.

I don't miss the cold and snow, but it is beautiful, and I miss that. So, despite another likely "brown" winter, I decided to make snowmen cards for our upcoming card night.  Here are the 3 cards we are doing, and lower down is an individual photo of each.



All of the stamps that I used are older. The one on the right is/was a stamp by Darcy, and originally it had a "recipe" in the middle that was only for proportions to use of a berry cocoa mix. It was not helpful, since the actual recipe on how to make the berry cocoa mix itself was missing. I carefully cut the middle section of the stamp out. For the blank space in the middle, I used a phrase stamp that came as a freebie with a card making magazine.

The middle card in the above photo is a waterfall card. The stamps are a scene of a snowman melting, each stage on 4 sides of a stamp cube by Art Gone Wild. I bought it years ago and have no idea if it is still available. The paper that I used for the waterfall card background is Frosty Flurries from Little Yellow Bicycle's line Christmas Delight. You can find directions for making a waterfall card on the internet with a Google search.

For the left card I used a stamp that I found on Amazon last year. I used a Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder for the background, and the swirl was cut with a Spellbinders die (I think). I used Wink of Stella to give shimmer to the snowman and the swirl die cut, and Nuvo drops to give texture to his hat.


Here are individual images of each card:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers