Friday, September 27, 2019

Box Cards Revisited

When I first saw box cards, I had to learn to make them. My scrapping buddies and I made quite a few before we got tired of them. Back then we made them with a 12 inch trimmer and a scoring tool. Then I made a cutting file and used my old blue Wishblade to speed up the process. Later, I used my Cameo. I downloaded and made some of the ones by SVG Cuts. Eventually I got tired of making box cards, and focused on my scrapbooking and other crafts. I made about one a year. When we started the moving process, it was a long time before I made another box card, and that was after we had moved halfway across the country. It was a stamped scarecrow box card for the RefuPeas 2018 CARDtober challenge.

In February, I designed a box card for my card group to do. Most of them had never made box cards. I showed some of the different box cards I had made so they could see the possibilities. They wanted to make the scarecrow box card, but it was too time intensive. Eventually it occurred to me to turn it into a print and cut file so it would go together faster. We made it last month as a group.

I have not had much interest in print and cut designs before, but I decided to play around with making more print and cut box cards. This week I made 3 box cards for family birthdays, two of which are print and cut.

I loved being able to use the print and cut designs from the Silhouette Design Store for two of these three. The other one was a cutting file that I had also purchased from the Silhouette Design Store. It took a lot longer to make the die-cut box card than the two print and cut versions. It's probably obvious, but the completely die-cut box card is the one in the middle:

Click on the photo to see a larger image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers