Saturday, October 21, 2017

Cutting fabric with the Silhouette

This week I tried something new with my Cameo: I cut fabric to make an applique for my son's costume. I forgot to use the fabric blade that I had bought long before. Apparently there is a reason you are supposed to use a fabric blade. It still cut most of the way, but not as cleanly, and I ended up completing the cut with my scissors. I did iron on adhesive before cutting, in order to apply the dragon applique to the fabric of my son's tabard. I also stitched it, mostly because this was a last minute project, and I had more time than he did.  My son can sew. In fact, he made the tabard itself. All I did was convert the dragon design he emailed me into a cutting file, cut it for him, and zig zag the applique on while he was at work.



Oh, for those who may be wondering, the furry thing on his shoulder is a griffin shoulder puppet from Midsummer Knight's Dream. He can make it move so naturally that some people have actually asked if it's real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers