Friday, June 2, 2017

Two More HTV Projects


The above is an apron, using a design from the Silhouette Design Store that I had cut and had ready for about a week. However, the heat press uses a lot of power, so I don't want to do just one project at a time.  The phrase was cut with Silhouette heat transfer vinyl (HTV), which was much harder to work with.  It took several tries with the heat press. I even increased the heat (which had worked fine for the shirt below), and it still took several pressings to get the Silhouette vinyl to stick. The HTV which I prefer to work with is the Siser brand, and which I get from Vinyl Outlet when I visit Salt Lake City. Thankfully, it looks like they do ship, because I'm going to want more of the good HTV. I won't be buying any more of the Silhouette brand vinyl. I had heard it was not as good, but I had already bought some. Now I understand why it is not as good.

The panda shirt below was a phrase which I saw on a meme and decided to put on a shirt.  The pandas are from the Silhouette Design Store.

I know that my HTV projects have been pretty simple, but I'm pretty new to this type of project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers