Thursday, June 1, 2017

Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV) Projects


These are my first heat transfer vinyl projects using a heat press. I have done a couple of t-shirts before, just using a regular iron. That was a pain. The heat press was much easier. The bib was my first project. I had it on hand, so I figured it was no loss if I messed up. The phrase on the bib was from the Silhouette store.  The t-shirt phrase was also from the Silhouette design store, but I tweaked it by incorporating other designs.  I added the musical notes, the dancer, and changed out the word "dance" with one from another  Silhouette design store file.  I was very happy with how it turned out.




On a recent trip to Salt Lake City, I had visited the Vinyl Outlet store with my daughter. They have a bunch of projects on display in a room there, including a black t-shirt with a filigree pumpkin. I bought a sheet each of the orange and green glitter HTV, but when I came home, I could not find any design at Silhouette or online that was nearly as nice as the one on display at the store.  It turns out, it was the project for a class. So I created my own version.  It's not exactly like the one they had, but close enough. The leafy flourish I used was from the Silhouette store.  I copied, welded, subtracted, and drew some things with my mouse, using the Silhouette software. It took me awhile to create it.  I could have done the entire thing from scratch, but I'm lazy, and it would have taken me a lot longer. 

More HTV projects to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers