Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2 Make and Takes for August


This month I designed two Make & Takes for the LSS.

The main Make & Take that ran through most of the month was this beach card. I used the View Maker "Beautiful Day" stamp set by Art Gone Wild, a Sizzix wave embossing folder, a QuicKutz die (shell), chalks, and the frame was made using the Gypsy and Cricut.


The second Make & Take was for the 10th Anniversary of the LSS. They were having a page contest for "Why I Scrapbook," so the Make & Take was designed to coordinate with the scrapper page kit. I used a Sizzix die, but I folded my cardstock before cutting, and put the fold just inside the cut line so that I got an actual small file folder. Otherwise the die would have only cut a file folder shape, but not an actual file folder. I hope that makes sense. There is another Sizzix file folder die that does fold into an actual file folder, but it was far too tiny for this project. I trimmed off the extra tab that I got from cutting the folded cardstock. The scissors were cut with a Cuttlebug die. The title & banner were made using my Gypsy and Cricut (Carousel and Country Life cartridges, with a little welding). The banner is supposed to have 6 flags, so I cut off the last flag with good old scissors. I used a cartridge for the "SCRAP" letters on the banner but don't remember which cartridge it was. Sorry I didn't keep better track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers