Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Zoo Layout

The LSS near me has a Wednesday layout each week. One of the employees or design team members designs a layout using specific papers & embellishments, and the store has the papers & embellishments up front for the customers to buy if they want to do the layout. When they buy the papers, the customers get a color copy of the layout. There is a new layout with different papers each week.

One week the Wednesday layout used this 3 Bugs in a Rug "Animal Stackers" collection. The layout was fairly cute, but I couldn't get it to work for the zoo photos I wanted to use with it. I used some of the same papers, and the same twill ribbon as the original design, but I used a couple of different papers from the collection and redid the layout design to suit my photos and my taste. I also created a unique title for it, working designs cut from the papers into the simple digital die-cut title. I was very happy with how the title turned out.

Scraplifted elements: background paper was the same as well as the elephant cut out, zebra twill ribbon underneath the elephant, and the placement of the elephant/twill as well as the positioning of the lower right photo on the left hand page. The rest was my own creation, and I used different papers and pieces from the collection for the photo mat and to embellish the page. I also used more photos.

I think my version turned out much cuter than the original, but it doesn't hurt that the little guy in the photos adds a lot of the cuteness. I'm not saying who he is, just that he is special to me. My own children are too big to be cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers