Thursday, July 15, 2010

July Make & Take #1 Patriotic Tag


After GASC, I did up a small patriotic tag for a Make & Take at the LSS.

The stamp is a Studio G stamp that I found at AC Moore awhile back. I really love that stamp! I can't say that about most of my Studio G collection.

I have no clue who made the navy paper with white stars. It was something left over from a Make & Take that was at least 4 years ago. In fact, the red tag, navy/star paper, and the fibers were all from those leftovers, so I have no clue on who made the fibers either.

The punch that I used on the bottom of the tag was a Marvy Uchida punch from a long time ago, too. It's one of my own punches. The LSS had an almost identical punch, but theirs was slightly too wide to fit the bottom of the tag, which I thought was a bit weird. Perhaps theirs was made by another company.

I had found the pre-cut tags, rectangles of the navy/star paper, and the fibers in the cupboard at the LSS and decided to "recycle" them by using them in a totally different tag. I have to admit, it was a bit of a challenge to find a way to revise the original tag into something quite different.

Everything used for this tag is basically old, old, old stuff, except for the stamp. It's a good example of how old stuff from our stash can still be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers