Monday, May 17, 2010

Mothers' Day card


The owner of the LSS asked me to do a Mothers' Day card for a special Mothers' Day tea party and book signing at the store. She handed me the papers. It's pathetic, but I actually have no idea who makes the papers or flowers. I was in a BIG hurry to get the kits done since I was to pick up my son by a certain time (despite my trying to rush, I was still late). I didn't even check to see who the paper manufacturer was.

The center label was cut with one of the Alterations dies. The stamp was a Studio G stamp that I found at AC Moore. I used chalk ink on the edges.

The flower center was supposed to be a brad painted with Smooch enamel, but even after 24 hours, the brads hadn't all dried all the way (despite the label claiming that it's fast drying), so the LSS owner substituted a jeweled brad instead. (And no, I don't know who makes those, either.)

1 comment:

  1. I love your Mothers Day card. Great colors and I like the jeweled brad.

    I am brand new to Two Peas site and I saw your post on the new Cuttlebug items. I preordered a few embossing folders from Memory Miser and received them yesterday. Hope you get your dies soon.

    ReplyDelete

Followers