Sunday, August 30, 2009

Graduation Layout


It's been awhile since I did any actual scrapbooking. In May I started this layout of my daughter's graduation, but I just couldn't figure out what to do to dress it up. I had stamped the graduation background, cut the title and graduation cap, and matted the photos, but it looked incredibly plain. I couldn't find any patterned paper that went well with it to provide variety except this black & white striped paper. I don't know who makes it. I must have thrown away the strip I cut off back in May. On the other side of the paper, it's black with a gray/silvery design. Unfortunately, that side didn't look right. After leaving the layout sitting in a box for 5 months, I pulled it out this morning and decided to try yet again to finish it. I'd pulled it out a few times before and had ended up sticking it back in the box again with no progress made. Today was different, though. I stamped designs on the black & white striped paper, then added some 3D punched flowers, and I was finally happy with it.

The stamps for both background papers were so numerous I couldn't figure out at this point which ones I used. The scrolled/flowered designs on the black & white stripe were mostly by EK Success, but one was by Heidi Grace. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the larger blossoms used in the punched flowers. The tag was made with Coredinations cardstock, but I just inked the embossed punched flowers to try to make them look sort of the same. The embossed Congrats was another Cuttlebug embossing folder. The title and graduation cap cutting files can be found at Scrap Savvy. They are (or were) free cutting files if you belong to one of their membership programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers